Skokie Police Department
Lateral Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: April 1, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Annual Salary Range: $78,425 – $102,582 (as of May 1, 2020)
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- Minimum of 21 years of age and under 35 years of age by the application deadline (April 1, 2021)
- U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the US
- High school diploma or equivalent
- ONE of the following: Minimum of sixty (60) college semester hours from an accredited institution by application deadline OR Four (4) years of active military service with an Honorable Discharge by the application deadline
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must be a full-time sworn officer that is certified or have the ability to be certified by Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board and served as a Sworn Police Officer for a period of 2 years or more without a minimal break in service (not to exceed 6 months)
- Certificate attesting to successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course, as provided in the Illinois Police Training Act. Evidence of such will be subject to final approval and waiver by ILETSB
- Strict compliance with Skokie Police Department Appearance Policy, specifically provisions relating to Tattoos, Body Piercing and Beards – please carefully read the Appearance Policy by clicking here or call IOS Recruitment with questions
- Have correctable vision to 20/20 and have the ability to distinguish colors
- Within 18 months from hire, reside in Cook, Lake, or DuPage County in Illinois
- Enter into an “Authorization for Release of Personnel Information Agreement”
- Enter into an “Employment of Relatives Agreement” – Note: Applicants with relatives who are currently employees with the Village will not be eligible for hire – please contact IOS Recruitment for details
- Enter into an “Abstinence from Tobacco Products Agreement”
- Sign the Skokie Police Department “Personal Appearance Policy Acknowledgement”
- Must have ability to understand the English Language (written and spoken)
- Completion and submission of Village of Skokie Public Safety Application and other required documents to IOS Recruitment by April 1, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Required Documentation must be submitted to IOS Recruitment by 4/1/21 at 4:00 p.m.:
- Village of Skokie Public Safety Application (available after purchase)
- Authorization for Release of Personal Information (available after purchase)
- Employment of Relatives Agreement (available after purchase)
- Abstinence from Tobacco Products Agreement (available after purchase)
- Personal Appearance Policy Acknowledgement (available after purchase)
- Copy of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Original, Official College Transcripts OR Military DD-214 (long form)
- Copy of valid Driver’s License
- Copy of Birth Record/Legal Authorization to work in the U.S. May include: county/state issued birth record, U.S. passport, naturalization papers, or permanent resident card
- Copy of certificate attesting to successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course, as provided in the Illinois Police Training Act
Application Process Information:
The application package will contain instructions for completing the application and supplying all necessary documents. The application will be delivered via the website as a PDF document. We strongly recommend that you save this document to your computer or data storage device. Once completed, you must then print out the Skokie PD Application for submission.
You will also need to print and sign the required release forms and gather the required documents for submission to IOS Recruitment by the deadline (4/1/2021 at 4:00 p.m.). Do not send applications or required documents to the Skokie Police Department or the Village of Skokie.
You are wholly responsible for the accuracy and completion of your application. Incorrect, missing, or otherwise incomplete applications will be cause for disqualification. Contact IOS Recruitment before the application deadline with any questions regarding the application, required documents, or testing. Application fees are non-refundable.