Application Deadline: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, at 4:00 p.m. (CST)
Current Starting Salary: $73,854.46 Lateral Salary: Up to $89,932
Effective May 1st 2023, Starting Salary: $75,885.46 Lateral Salary: Up to $92,406
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- United State Citizen or must have applied for and have a current pending application (documentation required)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- No tattoos that are visible in whole or in any part while wearing any form of the required uniform or apparel
- Valid driver’s license
- Not have been convicted of a felony, a crime of moral turpitude, or any misdemeanor specifically listed in Section 10-2.1-6 of the Act, 65 ILCS 5/10-2.16 as amended
- Not be a habitual user of illegal narcotics or drugs or intoxicating beverages or be an illegal gambler
- Not be physically or mentally unable to perform the duties of the position of police officer
- A candidate must not be found to be lacking in any of the established requirements or special standards specifically established in the Rules and Regulations of the Hinsdale Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
- Must be at least 20 years of age at time of application and less than 35 years of age at time of appointment, unless the candidate qualifies for an exemption as a veteran and/or police officer as provided by state statutes
- Possess proof of passing the IL Training and Standards Board Police Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) test within 12 months prior to the application deadline. POWER certifications will be considered valid if dated 11/29/2021 – 11/29/2022.
Required Documentation due 11/29/2022 at 4:00 p.m. (must be hand delivered or mailed):
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship. May include: state/county issued birth certificate, passport or naturalization papers
- Copy of POWER test card dated 11/29/2021 – 11/29/2022
- Copy college transcripts showing proof of a Bachelor’s Degree (unofficial transcripts not accepted)
Mandatory Testing Information:
Yout must attend one of the following testing sessions:
1) Saturday, January 14, 2022. Testing will be at a location in or near Hinsdale. Full details will be provided to eligible candidates at a later date
2) Virtual testing session the week of January 9th, 2022. An exam session will be offered electronically. You will take the exam in your own home, and each session will be proctored virtually. Exact date and time for the virtual session will be determined at a later time.
In late December you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule and prepare for the exam. Please read through the instructions carefully before you exam date. Failure to follow the steps outlined may cause the electronic exam to not work properly, potentially resulting in your removal from the testing session.
***Please be aware that you will be required to choose between the In-person or Virtual exam administration and must confirm what type with IOS Recruitment if you are deemed eligible. No exceptions will be made.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, November 29, 2022. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.
All communications will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.