Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, at 4:00 p.m. (CST)
- U.S. Citizenship
- High school diploma/GED
- Must be over 21 years of age to apply, but not older than 35 years of age at time of appointment. Applicants who are 20 years of age are permitted to apply with successful completion of 2 years in law enforcement studies at an accredited institution
- Vision 20/100 binocular corrective to 20/20 – must demonstrate appropriate peripheral vision and no color blindness
- Possess a valid POWER test card dated within one year of application deadline (valid if dated 12/07/2021 – 12/07/2022) Cards accepted from all licensed agencies
- Successful completion of the following:
- Online Examination
- Oral Interview
- Background Investigation
- Polygraph Test
- Post Offer of Employment Psychological Test
- Post Offer of Employment Full Medical Examination
Required Documentation due 12/07/2022 at 4:00 PM CST – documentation is not accepted via email:
- Completed and confirmed online application
- Consent and release agreement
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Copy of valid POWER test card (dated 12/07/2021 – 12/07/2022)
Your written examination will be offered electronically, and you will take the exam in your own home. There will be multiple sessions offered and each will be proctored virtually. All sessions will be offered during business hours the week of January 9, 2023 – it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test during these times.
On or about Friday, December 30, 2022, you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule and prepare for the exam. Please read through the instructions carefully before your exam date. Failure to follow the steps outlined may cause the electronic exam to not work properly, potentially resulting in your removal from the testing session.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to complete any portion of the testing process will result in disqualification from the employment process.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, December 7th, 2022. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.
All communications will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.