Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
The application deadline is Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
- $25.00 non refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S. (must meet I-9 requirements)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license (valid Illinois driver’s license at time of hire)
- 21 to under 35 years of age at time of application deadline, unless otherwise exempt by statute.
- Proof of completion of candidate physical ability test (CPAT) and ladder climb test within 12 months prior to the date of application deadline (12/07/2022)
- Certified Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) Basic Operations Firefighter at time of application deadline
- Licensed Illinois Department of Public Health Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic (IDPH EMT-P) at time of application deadline OR provide proof of current enrollment in an accredited paramedic training program by submitting a current letter of good standing from the program
- Must reside within the distance of the City of Sycamore, within 12-months of hire – that complies with the Sycamore Municipal Code (20 miles from State & Main Street), the City’s Personnel Policies, or applicable collective bargaining agreements
Required Documentation due December 7, 2022, at 4:00 p.m. (not accepted via email or fax):
- Online application (available after purchase)
Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
Copy of high school diploma
Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record – may include U.S. County/State issued birth record, U.S. Passport or Naturalization Papers
- Copy of CPAT and Ladder Climb certificate(s) dated 12/07/2021 – 12/07/2022
- Copy of valid IL IDPH Paramedic License or current letter from paramedic training program attesting to current enrollment and good standing within the program
Copy of IL OSFM Basic Operations Firefighter certification issued from the OSFM
Orientation and Testing:
There is no orientation session. Your written examination will be offered electronically, and you will take the exam in your own home. There will be multiple sessions offered and each will be proctored virtually. All sessions will be offered during business hours the week of January 9, 2023 – it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test during these times.
On or about Friday, December 30, 2022, you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule and prepare for the exam. Please read through the instructions carefully before your exam date. Failure to follow the steps outlined may cause the electronic exam to not work properly, potentially resulting in your removal from the testing session.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 12/07/2022. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.
All communications will come from email@example.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.
There are no reviews yet.