Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Application Deadline: Wednesday, November 16, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
- $25 non-refundable application fee
- Applicants must be United States citizens or an alien admitted for permanent residence or lawfully admitted for temporary residence that produces evidence of intention to become a United States citizen. Applicants selected for employment must meet the District’s residency requirements.
- Have no felony convictions
- Possess a High School Diploma (or its equivalent)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be 21 years of age, and under 35 years of age by time of appointment, unless exempt by statute
- Must possess OSFM Illinois Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter Certification by date of application
- Valid Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) EMT-Paramedic license due at time of hire. Proof of current enrollment and letter of good standing must be submitted by application deadline.
- Must have a valid CPAT and Ladder Climb certification by time of hire.
Required Documentation due 11/16/2022 at 4:00 p.m. (must be delivered via hand or mail):
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – count/state issued birth record, passport, naturalization papers, or permanent resident card accepted
- Copy of Valid Illinois OSFM Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter Certification
- Copy of Valid IDPH Paramedic License OR proof of Current Enrollment in a Paramedic Program with Anticipated Completion Date and Letter of Good Standing
- Optional copy of Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb Certification
- Optional copy of Military DD-214 (if applicable)
Orientation and Testing:
The written exam will be conducted on Saturday, December 17, 2022. Exact details including the location and time will be provided to those eligible to test. No late admittance. A short orientation will be conducted prior to the examination.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release forms and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 11/16/2022. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.
All communications will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.