Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Application Deadline: Tuesday, November 1, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
- $35 non-refundable application fee
- United States citizen
- No felony convictions
- Must be 21 years of age, and under 35 years of age at the time of application, or as otherwise
exempted by statute
- High School Diploma (or its equivalent)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have a valid EMT-Paramedic license at the time of application deadline OR be in the last 3 months of paramedic school at time of application deadline.
- Valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) card and approved Ladder Climb Card due at time of
application (issued within one year of application due date, 11/1/21 – 11/1/22) and at time of conditional offer of
Required Documentation due 11/1/2022 at 4:00 p.m. (must be delivered via hand or mail):
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Leyden Authorization and Release Forms (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – count/state issued birth record, passport or naturalization papers accepted
- Copy of Valid IDPH Paramedic License OR Proof of Current Enrollment in a Paramedic Program with Anticipated Completion Date (must be scheduled to graduate within 3 months of application deadline)
- Copy of Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb Certification (dated 11/1/21 – 11/1/22)
- Optional copy of Valid Illinois OSFM Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter Certification
- Optional copy of Military DD-214 (if applicable)
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, December 3, 2022. Sign-in will begin at 8:00 a.m. and close at 8:30 a.m. You will be required to bring a #2 pencil and photo identification (driver’s license, state ID card, passport, military ID) to sign-in. The written exam will immediately follow orientation.
Leyden Township Community Center
2620 N. Mannheim Rd.
Franklin Park, IL 60131 (next to the fire station).
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any
portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release forms and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 11/1/2022. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.
All communications will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.
There are no reviews yet.