Fire Officer Essentials Promotional Examinations
Fire Officer Essentials Exam Highlights:
The Fire Officer Essentials promotional examinations for Company Officer I, Company Officer II, and Chief Officer were developed specifically for fire agencies to determine the extent to which candidates possess the necessary job knowledge required for success as fire service supervisors. The exams were developed based on job analysis data collected nationwide fire departments. The job analysis results provided the empirical data for determining the relevant knowledge areas evaluated by the Fire Officer Essentials examinations. IOS’ Fire Officer Essentials examinations will provide an optimal solution for promoting individuals within your agency.
- Length: 100 questions
- Administration Time: 2 hours and 30 minutes, plus 15 minutes for instructions
- Appropriate for Testing the Following Ranks:
- Company Officer I: First line service supervisor positions, specifically the lieutenant rank
- Company Officer II: Mid-level agency supervisors, specifically the rank of captain
- Chief Officer: Upper command positions, specifically the rank of battalion chief
- Publishing Schedule: A new version is published annually to reflect updated editions of reference materials
- Free Local Validation: You are strongly encouraged to complete a Local Validation Survey to support your department’s use of the exam. IOS will assist you in ensuring that the use of the examination is valid for your agency.
- Free Cut-Score Analysis: You are strongly encouraged to complete an Item Review Survey to establish a local cut-score for the examination.
- EMS Operations
- Tactical Operations
- Building Construction
- Tools, Equipment, and Apparatus
- Supervisory Principles
- Incident Management Procedures
Stock Fire Officer Exam Features:
- Per exam usage fee
- Ability to drop irrelevant knowledge areas (e.g. EMS Operations) from exam (this service will result in an exam with less than 100 items)
- Free local validation available
- Free cut-score analysis available
Contact An IOS Representative About Exam Services