Firefighter Job Application
Application Deadline: Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Current Firefighter/Paramedic Salary Range: $64,048 – $105,892
Work Schedule: 24 hours on, and 72 hours off
- $40.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver’s license
- The minimum age at time of hire for the Zion Fire/Rescue Department shall be 21 years of age. The maximum age at the time of application is 34 years of age, unless exempt by statute
- Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb issued by a licensed agency by date of job offer. CPAT and Ladder Climb considered valid if dated October 29, 2022 or later
- MUST be currently enrolled in a paramedic (EMT-P) class OR have completed an EMT-P class and currently in certification process OR be a licensed/certified EMT-P. At the time of a conditional offer for a sworn Firefighter/Paramedic appointment, a candidate must possess a current Illinois EMT-Paramedic license and be certified as an Illinois OSFM Firefighter-Basic. The Board of Fire & Police Commissioners reserves the right to appoint a candidate who does not possess Firefighter Basic on the subsequent pass through the eligibility list if the candidate otherwise meets the needs of the department.
Required Documentation due 9/29/2022 at 4:00 PM:
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record. May include: U.S. County/State issued birth record, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization Papers
- Copy of EMT-P license or proof of being currently enrolled in paramedic class or proof of being in the process of certification
- Optional Copy of Illinois Basic Operations Firefighter Certification issued from the OSFM
Written Exam Information:
Candidates must attend the written examination on Saturday, October 29, 2022. Sign-in will begin at
8:00 a.m. Please arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) and
a number 2 pencil to sign-in. All electronic communication devices must be left in your vehicle and will
not be permitted into the testing area.
Zion Benton Township High School
3901 W. 21st, Zion, IL
South Cafeteria (Entrance T)
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any
portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM on September 29, 2022. Application fees are non-refundable.