Winnetka/Northfield Police Department(s)
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 4:00 PM (CST)
Village of Winnetka Minimum Requirements:
Proof of legal authorization to work in the United States at date of hire
Must be 21 and under 35 years of age, except as otherwise provided by law
High school diploma or equivalent
Associate’s degree or 60 semester hours from an accredited college or university at the time of application
Vision correctable to 20/40, normal peripheral vision, and able to distinguish colors
Valid driver’s license
Successful completion of Police Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) test within 6 months of the application deadline (8/18/2019-2/18/2020). Cards accepted from all licensed agencies
Applicants must also be able to complete all other selection and training requirements of the position.
Village of Northfield Minimum Requirements:
- U.S. Citizen. Elector of the United States
- Under the age of 35 years, and a minimum age of 21 at time of application. A 20 year old may apply if the person has completed two years of law enforcement studies at an accredited college or university
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 60 semester hours of college credit earned (or the equivalent of 60 semester hours in trimester or quarter hours) at the time of application
- Vision correctable to 20/40, with normal peripheral vision and free from color blindness
- Valid driver’s license and where applicable, an Illinois driver’s license at offer of appointment
- Must reside within the State of Illinois at offer of appointment
- Successful completion of Police Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) test within 6 months of the application deadline (8/18/2019- 2/18/2020). Cards accepted from all licensed agencies
- Ability to pass all selection, training, and hiring requirements as described in the application packet.
Required Documentation due 2/18/2020 at 4:00 PM (must be mailed or hand delivered)
- Confirmed/completed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Application selection sheet (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Copy of valid POWER test card (cards considered valid is issued between 8/18/2019- 2/18/2020)
- Original/official college transcripts showing proof of 60 semester hours from an accredited college/university
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, March 21, 2020. Doors will open for sign in at 8:00 AM, please arrive no later than 8:30 AM with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign in. No late admittance. Testing will take place in Winnetka, IL. The exact testing location will be provided to eligible applicants approximately one week prior to the exam date.
Application Process Information:
One $25.00 fee grants you access to both departments. When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM (CST) on 2/18/2020.
Application fees are non-refundable!