Wilmette Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, August 2, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- $35.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline by Friday, August 2, 2019
o Those graduating in summer 2019 have until August 24, 2019 to submit final transcripts,a letter from the registrar on school letterhead, or equivalent document, stating that they have successfully completed their Bachelor’s degree. ADDITIONALLY, current original, official transcripts must be submitted by the application deadline of August 2, 2019.
- U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Be 21 years of age, but under 35 years of age by the application deadline (8/2/2019);
- The ability to perform the essential functions of the position of Police Officer with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Submit proof of passing the Illinois POWER test within the past year as of 8/24/2019 (POWER test cards considered valid if issued 8/24/2018- 8/24/2019).
Required Documentation due 8/2/2019 at 2:00 PM (must be mailed or hand delivered):
Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
Consent and release agreement and essay (available after purchase)
Optional EEO form (available after purchase)
Original/Official college transcripts or letter from registrar/equivalent document (if graduating in Summer 2019)
Copy of valid driver’s license
Copy of birth record
Copy of valid POWER test card
Saturday, August 24, 2019- sign-in begins at 7:30 AM – please arrive no later than 8:00 AM with a photo ID to sign-in. Late arrivals will not be permitted. Testing will take place in Wilmette, IL. The exact testing location will be provided to eligible candidates approximately one week prior to testing.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and gather the required documents listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 PM on 8/2/2019. Application fees are non-refundable.