Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Monday, March 2, 2020 at 4:00 PM
- $25 non-refundable application fee;
- 21 years of age to under 35 years of age at time of application and at such time as the initial eligibility list is posted (unless otherwise exempt by statute);
- U.S. Citizenship
- One of the following:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
An Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement from an accredited college/university
The College requirement may be waived if one or more of the following applies: (1) the applicant has served for 24 months of honorable active duty in the United States Armed Forces and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances other than honorable or (2) the applicant has served for 180 days of active duty in the United States Armed Forces in combat duty recognized by the Department of Defense and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances other than honorable
- Illinois Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) test card issued by a licensed agency issued within six (6) months prior to the written examination (valid if issued between 9/28/2019- 3/28/2020). POWER Cards accepted from these licensed agencies: NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, Triton College
- Eyesight correctable to 20/20 in each eye, normal depth perception and no color blindness that would prevent an individual from performing the essential functions of the job;
- No felony convictions involving moral turpitude, as specified in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6;
- Weight proportionate to height;
- Tattoos must be covered while wearing any form of the required uniform or apparel. Body Art Restrictions:
- Tattoos; Tattoos on the following body areas are prohibited; Neck, Head, Face, Ears, Hands and Fingers. Tattoos which are considered visible in the short sleeve uniform must be covered by a department authorized sleeve or the long sleeve uniform shirt.
- Body Piercing and Disfigurements; Body piercing and intentional (decorative) disfigurement are prohibited from view. Members shall not wear any item of ornamentation in their nose, eyebrow, tongue or any other location of their body which is visible while functioning in a law enforcement capacity, with the exception of earrings permitted for female personnel.
- Employees and explorers shall not have any dental ornamentation. The use of gold, platinum, silver, or other veneer caps for the purposes of ornamentation are prohibited. Teeth, whether natural, capped, or veneered, shall not be ornamented with designs, jewels, initials, etc.
- Contact lenses, if worn on duty, shall be in a natural eye color. Red, orange, silver and other unnaturally colored contact lenses, or colors when worn create an unnatural eye color and contact lenses with graphic designs of any kind are prohibited.
Required Documentation (must be submitted to IOS Recruitment by Monday, March 2, 2020 at 4:00 PM – documentation is not accepted via email or fax):
- Completed online application (completed and submitted via our website)
- Consent and release agreement
- EEO Sheet (optional)
- Copy of high school diploma or GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Copy of official college transcripts or DD-214
- Copy of valid power card (valid if issued between 9/28/2019- 3/28/2020)
Orientation and Testing Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, March 28, 2020. Doors will open for sign-in at 8:00 AM, please arrive no later than 8:30 AM with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID). Late arrivals will not be permitted. All electronic communication devices must be left in your vehicle and will not be permitted into the testing area. Testing will take place in Willowbrook, IL. The exact testing location will be provided to eligible candidates prior to the exam date.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a six digit confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documents for submission to IOS Recruitment by the deadline (3/2/2020 at 4:00 PM).
You are responsible for the accuracy and completion of your application. Incorrect, missing, or otherwise incomplete applications will be cause for disqualification. Contact IOS Recruitment before the application deadline with any questions. Application fees are non-refundable.
The Village of Willowbrook is an Equal Opportunity Employer