Wheeling Police Department
Police Officer Application
Application Deadline: Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
- At least 21 years old but under 35 years old by date of written exam, unless exempt by such age limitations as provided in Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioner’s Act
- U.S. Citizenship (by time of appointment)
- Valid driver’s license
- POWER test card – must be dated 5/16/2019 – 5/16/2020
- High school diploma or GED
- Vision correctable to 20/30 and free from color blindness
- Ability to pass all phases of selection including polygraph, psychological, and medical examinations
- Not have been convicted of a felony, a crime of moral turpitude, or any misdemeanor specifically listed in section 10-2.1-6 of the Act, 65 ILCS 5/10-2.16 as amended
- Not be a habitual user of illegal narcotics or drugs or intoxicating beverages or be an illegal gambler
- Not be physically or mentally unable to perform the duties of the position of police officer
Required Documentation due 4/16/2020 at 4:00 p.m. – must be mailed or hand delivered to IOS Recruitment:
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship. May include: U.S. County/State issued birth record, U.S. Passport, Naturalization Papers or proof of obtaining citizenship by time of appointment
- Copy of POWER test card – must be dated 5/16/2019 – 5/16/2020
Orientation and Testing:
Saturday, May 16, 2020.
Sign-in begins at 7:00 AM and closes at 7:45 AM – no late admittance. Testing will take place in Wheeling, IL. Additional details regarding testing location will be supplied to eligible candidates at a later time.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM on 4/16/2020.