Wheeling Fire Department
Firefighter Job Application
Application Deadline: Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Starting Salary for Firefighter: $64,693.00
Starting Salary for Firefighter/Paramedic: $77,308.00
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- Minimum age: 21 (as of date of written exam)
- Maximum age: 35 (as of date of written exam)
- United States Citizen (native born or naturalized at time of appointment)
- Valid IL Driver’s License at time of hire
- High School Graduate
- Physically capable of performing the duties of a Firefighter/Paramedic
- Visual acuity: 20/30 or corrected to 20/30 in each eye; must have color vision
- Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb at time of application and at time of appointment. Card considered valid if issued 12 months prior to taking the written exam
Required Documentation due by 4:00 p.m. (CST) on 06/22/2023 (no faxes/emails accepted):
- Confirmed Online Application – available after purchase
- Consent and Release Form (2 pages) – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record – can include: U.S. County/State issued birth certificate, U.S. Passport, Naturalization papers, or permanent resident card
- Copy of Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb Card(s) dated 07/22/2022 – 07/22/2023 – must also be valid at time of conditional offer
Candidates must attend the written examination on Saturday, July 22, 2023. Testing will take place at The Mutual Aid Box Alarm (MABAS) Illinois Readiness Center.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required forms and gather required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. (CST) on 06/22/2023. Failure to complete any portion of the application process will eliminate you for further consideration. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.
All communications will come from email@example.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.
Please contact IOS Recruitment at (800)-343-HIRE or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the application, required documents or testing before the application deadline date.
There are no reviews yet.