Wheaton Police Department- Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, October 4, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- $25 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. citizenship
- Applicant must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university by date of hire
- Those graduating in December of 2019 or May of 2020 have until October 27, 2019 (exam date) to submit final transcripts, a letter from the registrar on school letterhead, or equivalent document, stating that they have or are on track to successfully complete their Bachelor’s degree.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, which will be used for identification at all phases of testing
- Be at least 20 years of age and under 35 at time of application deadline, unless exempt by state statute
- Must have corrected vision to 20/20
- If a veteran of the military or currently serving, include a copy of your DD-214
- If applicable, please include your POWER test card if issued between 10/4/2018- 10/4/2019. If you do not possess a POWER Card at time of orientation, you must complete the POWER test on test day, prior to the written examination
Required documentation due Friday, October 4, 2019 by 2:00 p.m. (not accepted via email or fax; documentation must be hand delivered or mailed)
- Confirmed Online Application (available after purchase)
- Character Reference Forms (pages 1-3; available after purchase)
- Authorization & Release Forms (pages 4-8; available after purchase)
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – can include: U.S. County/State birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- Original/Official transcripts indicating attainment of Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or for those graduating in December of 2019 or May of 2020 have until October 27, 2019 (exam date) to submit final transcripts, a letter from the registrar on school letterhead, or equivalent document, stating that they have or are on track to successfully complete their Bachelor’s degree.
- Copy of POWER card if issued between 10/4/2018- 10/4/2019
- Copy of DD-214 (if applicable)
Orientation, Physical Ability Test and Written Exam Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation, physical ability test, and written examination on Sunday, October 27, 2019.
Doors will open at 7:30 AM for candidates who do not possess a POWER Card and must complete the POWER Test. POWER test cards are considered valid if issued within twelve (12) months PRIOR to the application deadline (10/4/2018- 10/4/2019).
Doors open at 8:45 AM and candidates should arrive with valid photo identification (valid Driver’s License or State ID) and their POWER Card to sign in. If you do not possess a POWER Card at time of orientation, you must complete the POWER Test prior to the written examination.
Orientation begins at 9:35 AM and the written exam will immediately follow. Candidates arriving after 9:30 AM will NOT be permitted to test. Candidates are not allowed to leave the testing grounds.
The test will be held at Wheaton North High School- 701 W. Thomas Rd. Wheaton, IL 60187.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release forms and gather the required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. on 10/04/2019. Failure to complete any portion of the application process with eliminate you for further consideration. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.