Westchester Fire Department
Firefighter Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, May 10, 2021 at 2:00 PM CST
NOTE: A maximum of 150 applications will be accepted. Be sure to complete and confirm your online application ASAP to ensure your application is accepted. The application deadline OR once 150 online applications have been confirmed; whichever occurs first.
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen
- Valid driver’s license (valid IL driver’s license due at time of hire)
- High school diploma/GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age at the time of application deadline (5/10/2021), unless exempt by applicable state law
- Must provide proof of successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) with Ladder Climb Certification conducted by a licensed agency within 12 months immediately prior to written exam date
- Valid Illinois Department of Public Health Paramedic License at time of hire
- Complete and submit the Reimbursement Agreement for Training Costs and Expenses as well as the additional release forms/waives and online application by application deadline
Required Documentation due 5/10/2021 at 4:00 PM (must be delivered via hand or mail):
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement, reimbursement agreement, and additional waivers (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Copy of valid CPAT and Ladder Climb certifications
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, June 12, 2021. Exact details will be provided to those eligible to test.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release forms and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM on 5/10/2021. A maximum of 150 confirmed online applications will be accepted.
Application fees are non-refundable!