Westchester Fire Department
Firefighter Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, February 21, 2020 at 2:00 PM CST
NOTE: A maximum of 150 applications will be accepted. Be sure to complete and confirm your online application ASAP to ensure your application is accepted. The application deadline will be on 2:00 PM on 2/21/2020 OR once 150 online applications have been confirmed; whichever occurs first.
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen
- Valid driver’s license (valid IL driver’s license due at time of hire)
- High school diploma/GED
- A copy of official transcripts confirming successful completion of at least thirty (30) semester hours (or the equivalent in quarter/trimester hours) of credit from an accredited college or university listed in the United States Department of Education database
- A copy of DD-214 long form showing at least twelve (12) months of active service in any branch of the United States military service (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard) with an honorable discharge or medical discharge;
- Basic Operations Firefighter Certification (or the updated equivalent classification) from the Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal
- Must be at least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age at the time of application deadline (2/21/2020), unless exempt by applicable state law
- Must provide proof of successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) with Ladder Climb Certification conducted by a licensed agency within 12 months immediately prior to written exam date (Cards will be considered valid from 2/21/2019- 2/21/2020)
- Valid Illinois Department of Public Health Paramedic License at time of hire
- Complete and submit the Reimbursement Agreement for Training Costs and Expenses as well as the additional release forms/waives and online application by 2:00 PM on 2/21/2020
Required Documentation due 2/21/2020 at 2:00 PM (must be delivered via hand or mail):
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement, reimbursement agreement, and additional waivers (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Copy of valid CPAT and Ladder Climb certifications
- Copy of Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter certification issued by the Illinois OSFM
- Original, official college transcripts OR copy of military DD-214 (long form)
Orientation and Testing:
Saturday, March 21, 2020. Doors will open for sign in at 8:00 AM, please arrive no later than 8:30 AM with a photo-ID to sign-in. No late admittance. Testing will take place in Westchester, IL. The exact testing location will be provided to eligible candidates approximately one week prior to the test date.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release forms and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 PM on 2/21/2020. A maximum of 150 confirmed online applications will be accepted.
Application fees are non-refundable!