Warrenville Fire Protection District
Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Application Deadline: Tuesday, June 13, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Starting Salary: $70,215.67
- $30 non-refundable application processing fee
- At least 21 years of age and not older than 35 at time of appointment, unless otherwise exempt by State Statute
- High school diploma or equivalent
- U.S. Citizen
- No felony convictions
- Possess a valid State of Illinois driver’s license with good driving record at time of hire
- Complete and pass a medical physical exam
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision
- Present a valid CPAT card with Ladder Climb certificate dated within one year of the application deadline (must be dated 06/13/2022 – 06/13/2023)
- Possess a valid Paramedic License from the Illinois Department of Public Health – (IDPH) required at time of hire
- Possess a Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter (BOF) Certification from the Office of the State Fire Marshall (Illinois) required at time of hire
- Must successfully test into the Edward Hospital EMS System (after tentative offer of employment)
- Must successfully complete a written examination
- Must pass a comprehensive background investigation
Required Documentation due June 13, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. (must be mailed or hand delivered):
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement- 2 pages (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid State of Illinois driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – may include county/state issued birth record, passport or naturalization papers
- Copy of CPAT and Ladder Climb certification dated 06/13/2022 – 06/13/2023
- Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter (BOF) Certification from the Office of the State Fire Marshall (Illinois)- required at time of hire
- Valid Paramedic License from the Illinois Department of Public Health – (IDPH) required at time of hire
Orientation and Testing:
Mandatory Orientation and Written Testing will take place on Saturday, July 15, 2023 at the Warrenville Fire Protection District located at 3S472 Batavia Road, Warrenville, IL 60555. Doors will open for sign in at 8:00 a.m. and close at 8:30 a.m. Additional details will be provided to eligible candidates.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the release form and gather the required documentation above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 06/13/2023 at 4:00 p.m. Failure to complete any portion of the application process will eliminate you for further consideration. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.
All communications will come from email@example.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.
There are no reviews yet.