Troy Fire Protection District – Shorewood, IL
Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
The application deadline is Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
- $30.00 non refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizenship
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid Illinois driver’s license
- 21 years of age to under 35 years of age by date of hire, unless otherwise exempt by statute
- Must be an Illinois Certified Basic Operations Firefighter with the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal (OFSM)
- Must have a valid and current Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Paramedic License at time of application
- No felony convictions
- Must have proof of a valid CPAT and Ladder Climb certificate within one year of application deadline
Required Documentation due October 6, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. (not accepted via email or fax). There will be no opportunity to make corrections to your submission after the deadline.
- Online application (available after purchase)
Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
Copy of high school diploma
Copy of valid IL driver’s license
Copy of birth record – may include U.S. County/State issued birth record, U.S. Passport or Naturalization Papers
Copy of IL OSFM Basic Operations Firefighter certification
Copy of valid IL IDPH Paramedic License
Copy of CPAT and Ladder Climb certificate(s) dated 10/6/2021 – 10/6/2022
Your exam will be offered electronically, and you will take the exam in your own home. The session will be offered during business hours within the week of November 14th – it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test this week. Eligible candidates will receive additional details in early November.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 10/6/2022. Application fees are non-refundable.
All communications will come from IOS via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) frequently for time sensitive notices.