Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Application Deadline: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Current starting salary: $68,394
Salary increases to $75,210 after completing 1 year probationary period
- Be a United States citizen
- Have no felony convictions
- Possess a high school diploma/GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess a valid social security number
- Be 21 years of age, but not older than 34 years of age by the time of appointment, unless exempt by statute
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Paramedic License due at time of appointment – must submit valid EMT-Basic at time of application if not yet licensed as a Paramedic
- Must have a valid CPAT and Ladder Climb at the time of application issued within one year of application due date (10/25/2021-10/25/2022)
- Able to test into the Good Samaritan EMS System at time of appointment
Required Documentation – due 10/25/2022 at 4:00 p.m. (documentation must be hand delivered or mailed and is not accepted via email):
- Confirmed and completed online application – available after purchase
- Consent and release agreement – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship. May include: county/state birth record, U.S. passport or naturalization papers
- Copy of valid CPAT and Ladder Climb Certification. Must be issued no earlier than 10/25/2021
- Copy of EMT Paramedic license or, if not yet a paramedic, copy of EMT Basic license is required
In-Home Testing Information:
Your exam will be offered electronically and you will take the exam in your own home. Testing will be offered during business hours within the week of November 28th – it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test during these times. Additional information and instructions on how to prepare for the electronic testing will be provided at a later time.
Application Process Information:
Once you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 10/25/2022 at 4:00 p.m. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.
All communications will come from email@example.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.