Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
The application deadline is Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
- $25.00 non refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S. (must meet I-9 requirements)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license (valid Illinois driver’s license at time of hire)
- 21 to under 35 years of age at time of application deadline, unless otherwise exempt by statute.
- Proof of completion of candidate physical ability test (CPAT) and ladder climb test within 12 months prior to the date of application deadline (5/31/2022)
- Certified Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) Basic Operations Firefighter at time of application deadline
- Licensed Illinois Department of Public Health Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic (IDPH EMT-P) at time of application deadline or show proof of current enrollment in an accredited
paramedic training program approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health
- Must reside within the distance of the City of Sycamore that complies with the Sycamore Municipal Code, the City’s Personnel Policies, or applicable collective bargaining agreements
Required Documentation due May 31, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. (not accepted via email or fax):
- Online application (available after purchase)
Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
Copy of high school diploma
Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record – may include U.S. County/State issued birth record, U.S. Passport or Naturalization Papers
- Copy of CPAT and Ladder Climb certificate(s) dated 5/31/2021 – 5/31/2022
- Copy of valid IL IDPH Paramedic License or letter from organization sponsoring EMT-P enrollment
Copy of IL OSFM Basic Operations Firefighter certification issued from the OSFM
Orientation and Testing:
There is no orientation session. Your written examination will be offered electronically, and you will take the exam in your own home. There will be multiple sessions offered and each will be proctored virtually. All sessions will be offered during business hours the week of June 20, 2022 – it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test during these times.
On or about Friday, June 10, 2022, you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule and prepare for the exam. Please read through the instructions carefully before your exam date. Failure to follow the steps outlined may cause the electronic exam to not work properly, potentially resulting in your removal from the testing session.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 5/31/2022. Application fees are non-refundable.