Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
The application deadline is Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S. (must meet I-9 requirements)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver’s license (valid Illinois driver’s license at time of hire)
- 21 to under 35 years of age at time of application deadline, per Sycamore Fire and Police Commission Rules, unless otherwise exempt by statute.
- Proof of completion of candidate physical ability test (CPAT) and ladder climb test within 12 months prior to the date of application deadline (04/19/2022 – 04/19/2023)
- Certified Illinois Office of State Fire Marshal (OSFM) Basic Operations Firefighter at time of hire. (OSFM BOF not required if fully licensed by Illinois Department of Public Health Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic; IPDH EMT – P).
- Licensed Illinois Department of Public Health Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic (IDPH EMT-P) at time of application deadline OR OSFM BOF AND proof of current enrollment in an accredited paramedic training program approved by the IDPH by submitting a current letter of good standing from the program
- Must reside within 20 miles of the intersection of State & Main Street, Sycamore, IL within 6 months of hire – residency milage requirement subject to change pending negotiations
Required Documentation due April 19, 2023, at 4:00 p.m. (not accepted via email or fax):
- Online application (available after purchase)
Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
Copy of high school diploma
Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record – may include U.S. County/State issued birth record, U.S. Passport or Naturalization Papers
- Copy of CPAT and Ladder Climb certificate(s) dated 04/19/2022 – 04/19/2023
- Copy of valid IL IDPH Paramedic License OR Illinois OSFM BOF certification AND current letter from paramedic training program attesting to current enrollment and good standing within the program
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory written examination on Saturday, May 13, 2023. Please arrive for check-in with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in. There will be no late admittance. Exact details of the testing location and guidelines will be provided approximately one week before the exam to eligible candidates.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 04/19/2023. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.
All communications will come from email@example.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.
There are no reviews yet.