Skokie Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: June 25, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Salary Range: $78,425 – $102,582
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- Minimum of 21 years of age and under 35 years of age at time of written examination (7/24/2021)
- U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the US
- High school diploma or equivalent
- ONE of the following: Minimum of sixty (60) college semester hours from an accredited institution by application deadline date OR Four (4) years of active military service with an Honorable Discharge by the application deadline date
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Proof of completion of Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) test with attainment date less than six (6) months prior to the written exam. POWER test cards will only be considered valid if dated 1/23/21 – 7/23/21. Cards accepted from all licensed agencies
- Strict compliance with Skokie Police Department Appearance Policy, specifically provisions relating to Tattoos, Body Piercing and Beards – please carefully read the Appearance Policy or call IOS Recruitment with questions
- Have correctable vision to 20/20 and have the ability to distinguish colors
- Within 24 months from hire, reside in Cook, Lake, or DuPage County in Illinois
- Enter into an “Authorization for Release of Personnel Information Agreement”
- Enter into an “Employment of Relatives Agreement” – Note: Applicants with relatives who are currently employees with the Village will not be eligible for hire – please contact IOS Recruitment for details
- Enter into an “Abstinence from Tobacco Products Agreement”
- Enter into a “Candidate Reimbursement Agreement”
- Sign the Skokie Police Department “Personal Appearance Policy Acknowledgement”
- Must have ability to understand the English Language (written and spoken)
- Completion and submission of Village of Skokie Public Safety Application and other required documents to IOS Recruitment by 6/25/2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Required documentation must be submitted to IOS Recruitment by 6/25/2021 at 2:00 p.m.:
- Village of Skokie Public Safety Application
- Authorization for Release of Personal Information
- Employment of Relatives Agreement
- Abstinence from Tobacco Products Agreement
- Candidate Reimbursement Agreement
- Personal Appearance Policy Acknowledgement
- Copy of High School Diploma
- Original, Official College Transcripts OR Military DD-214 (long form)
- Copy of valid Driver’s License
- Copy of Birth Record/Legal Authorization to work in the US
- Copy of valid POWER card dated 1/23/2021 – 7/23/2021
Eligible candidates must attend the written examination on Saturday, July 24, 2021. Exam details, including location and start times will be released at a later time.
Application Process Information:
The application package will contain instructions for completing the application and supplying all necessary documents. The application will be delivered via the website as a PDF document. We strongly recommend that you save this document to your computer or data storage device. Once completed, you must then print out the Skokie PD Application for submission.
You will also need to print and sign the required release forms and gather the required documents for submission to IOS Recruitment by the deadline (6/25/2021 at 2:00 p.m.). Do not send applications or required documents to the Skokie Police Department or the Village of Skokie.
You are wholly responsible for the accuracy and completion of your application. Incorrect, missing, or otherwise incomplete applications will be cause for disqualification. Contact IOS Recruitment before the application deadline with any questions regarding the application, required documents, or testing. Application fees are non-refundable.