Deputy Sheriff Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, May 14, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. (CST)
Starting Salary: $44,275
- $25.00 non-refundable application fee
- Must be a legal resident of the United States
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- No felony convictions
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must agree to comply with all the requirements of the position and have the ability to pass all examinations
- A thorough background investigation including a full medical evaluation will be required prior to hire; complete disclosure and sincerity within your application is necessary
- POWER test card dated within one year of the application deadline. If you do not submit a copy of a valid POWER card at time of application, you will be required to take the POWER test after successfully completing the written examination.
Required Documentation due 5/14/2021 at 2:00 p.m.:
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship or legal resident. May include: state/county issued birth certificate, passport, naturalization papers, or permanent resident card
- Optional: Copy of POWER test card dated 5/14/20 – 5/14/21
Written Exam Information:
Your exam will be offered electronically and you will take the exam in your own home. All sessions will be offered during business hours on June 21st – it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test during this time.
In mid-June you will receive an email with additional instructions.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. (CST) on May 14, 2021. Application fees are non-refundable.