- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen or legal alien (must be able to produce evidence of intent to become a citizen of the United States and have appropriate visas authorizing work)
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- 21 years of age at time of application deadline and less than 35 years of age at time of appointment, unless otherwise exempt by statute
- Vision correctable to 20/40 and free of color blindness
- High school diploma PLUS one of the following: completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college/university OR attainment of an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- Applicants must pass the POWER test before entry into the police academy.
Required Documentation due 7/20/22 at 4:00 PM – must be mailed or hand delivered to IOS Recruitment:
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Original, official college transcripts
- Copy of Illinios Law Enforcement Officer Certification (if applicable)
- Copy of Military DD-214 (if applicable)
Orientation and Testing:
Saturday, August 20, 2022 in Rolling Meadows, IL. The exact testing location will be provided to eligible candidates. Sign-in will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Doors will close at 9:00 a.m. – there will be no late admittance. Arrive with photo identification (valid Driver’s License or State ID) to sign in. Orientation and testing will immediately follow sign-in. All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Application Testing Process:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM on 7/20/22. Application fees are non-refundable.