Prospect Heights Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Monday, June 21, 2021 at 4:00 PM
Salary Range is $67,283- $97,639 (plus excellent benefits!)
- $25 non-refundable application fee for the first three weeks of the application period, then $35 application fee for the reminder of the application period
- Applicants must be at least 20 years of age as of application deadline (Monday, June 21, 2021) and less than 35 years of age as of hire date.
- Applicant must have completed sixty (60) semester college credit hours from an accredited college or university by application deadline. 60 college credit hours or an associate’s degree may be waived if one or more of the following applies: (1) the applicant has served 24 months of honorable active duty in the United States Armed Forces and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances less than honorable OR (2) the applicant has served for 180 days of active duty in the United States Armed Forces in combat duty that is recognized by the Department of Defense and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances other than honorable
- Applicant must speak English.
- Applicant must pass a medical exam and have vision corrected to 20/20.
- Must be of good moral character; must not have been convicted of any crimes or guilty of infamous or notoriously disgraceful conduct as described in the Illinois Complied Statutes 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6.
- Must be legally eligible to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Illinois and must possess a valid Illinois driver’s license at the time of hire.
- Applicant must provide a valid Power Test ID card at date of written exam (cards considered valid if dated 1/17/2021- 7/17/2021)
Required Documentation due Monday, June 21, 2021 at 4:00 PM (documentation is not accepted via email):
Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
High School Diploma or GED
Original/official college transcripts OR DD-214 long-form
Copy of valid driver’s license
Copy of birth record
Copy of valid POWER test card (due by date of written exam)
Orientation and Written Exam:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written exam on Saturday, July 17, 2021.
Orientation and testing will be held in Prospect Heights, IL- exact details will be given to eligible candidates.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM on Monday, June 21, 2021.
Application fees are non-refundable!