Firefighter Job Application
Application deadline: Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
$35.00 non-refundable application fee
- Eligible to work in the United States
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license at time of application; Valid Illinois driver’s license due at time of hire
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age, but not older than thirty-five (35) years of age by the date of the written exam except as otherise provided by statute
- Attend and pass the written exam, orientation, and all phases of testing which can include polygraph test, background investigation, psychological assessment, and functional physical evaluation
- Must hold EMT-B, EMT-I or EMT-P license (nationally or IDPH licensed) at time of application. Must also be valid at time of hire
- Must have successfully completed the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Ladder Climb Exercise within one year period to the date of the written exam
- Completion of at least 60 semester hours of college credit and/or evidence of OSFM equivalent training or experience, acceptable to the Village of Palatine Fire and Police Commission (click here to view equivalency chart)
- Must have primary residence in Illinois prior to appointment as a probationary firefighter
- Applicant must have at least 20-40 vision
Confirmed online application – available after purchase
Consent and release form (2 pages) – available after purchase
Copy of diploma (high school, GED, or college)
Copy of valid driver’s license
Proof of completion of at least 60 semester hours of college credit (copy of official transcripts) or equivalent OSFM Certifications (copy of certifications)
Copy of valid IDPH or National EMT-B, EMT-I or EMT-P license
Copy of valid CPAT and ladder climb. Must be dated 10/15/2021 – 10/15/2022
Candidates must attend the mandatory examination on Saturday, October 15, 2022. Exact details will be provided to those eligible to sit for the written examination. All electronic communication devices must be left in your vehicle and will not be permitted into the testing area.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 15, 2022. There will be no refunds for any reason.