Palatine Fire Department
Firefighter Job Application
Application deadline: Friday, December 29, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- Eligible to work in the United States
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license at time of application; Valid Illinois driver’s license due at time of hire
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age, but not older than thirty-five (35) years of age by the date of the written exam except as otherwise provided by statute
- Attend and pass the written exam, orientation, and all phases of testing which can include polygraph test, background investigation, psychological assessment, and a medical evaluation
- Must hold EMT-B, EMT-I or EMT-P license (nationally or IDPH licensed) at time of application. Must also be valid at time of hire
- Must have successfully completed the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Ladder Climb Exercise within one year period prior to the date of the written exam
- Completion of at least 60 semester hours of college credit and/or evidence of OSFM equivalent training or experience, acceptable to the Village of Palatine Fire and Police Commission Click here to view the equivalency chart
- Must have primary residence in Illinois prior to appointment as a probationary firefighter
- Applicant must have at least 20-40 vision in both eyes with or without corrective lenses
- Confirmed online application – available after purchase
- Consent and release form (2 pages) – available after purchase
- Copy of diploma (high school, GED, or college)
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Proof of completion of at least 60 semester hours of college credit (copy of official transcripts) or equivalent OSFM Certifications (copy of certifications)
- Transcripts and/or OSFM certifications must add up to a total of at least 60 semester hours
- Copy of valid IDPH or National EMT-B, EMT-I or EMT-P license
- Copy of valid CPAT and ladder climb certification. Must be dated 01/27/2023 – 01/27/2024
Candidates must attend the mandatory examination on Saturday, January 27, 2024. Testing will be held at Harper College with sign-in to begin at 7:30 a.m. Additional details will be supplied to eligible candidates approximately one week before the exam.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, December 29, 2023. There will be no refunds for any reason.
All communications from IOS will come from re*********@io*********.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your spam folder frequently!