Palatine Fire Department
Firefighter Job Application
Application deadline: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 4:00 PM(CST)
$50.00 non-refundable application fee
- Must have primary residence in Illinois prior to appointment as a probationary firefighter
- Applicant must possess an ILLINOIS Driver’s License prior to appointment as a probationary firefighter (not required to apply for the position)
- Completion of at least 60 semester hours of college credit and/or evidence of OSFM equivalent training or experience, acceptable to the Village of Palatine Fire and Police Commission (see equivalency chart on following page)
- Must hold EMT-B, EMT-I or EMT-P license (nationally or IDPH licensed) at time of application. Must hold Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) EMT license at time of hire.
- Applicant must have 20-20 vision, or corrected to 20-40
- Excellent physical health and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, as the candidate will be required to pass a medical evaluation at such time a job offer may be extended
- The Firefighter Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and the Ladder Climb Exercise must be successfully completed between the dates of August 4, 2018 and August 3, 2019.
- At least 21 years of age and less than 35 years of age as of July 2, 2019. Limitations not applicable if exempt according to Illinois statute
Required documentation due Tuesday, July 2, 2019:
Confirmed online application – available after purchase
Consent and release form (2 pages) – available after purchase
Copy of diploma (high school, GED, or college)
Copy of valid IL driver’s license
Proof of completion of at least 60 semester hours of college credit (original/official transcripts) or equivalent OSFM Certifications (copy of certifications)
Copy of valid IDPH or National EMT-B, EMT-I or EMT-P license
Copy of valid CPAT and ladder climb. Must be dated 8/4/2018- 8/3/2019
Orientation and Written Exam:
Saturday, August 3, 2019- Harper College (Building “D”), 1200 W. Algonquin Rd., Palatine, IL 60067
Doors open at 7:30 a.m. and close at 8:00 a.m. with no admittance allowed once doors are closed. Must present photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in.
Application Process Information:
You will purchase the online application, then you will receive go to Palatine’s website to apply. You will receive this information after purchase. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather required documents listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. (CST) on 7/2/2019.