Oswego Fire Protection District
Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Application deadline: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, at 4:00 p.m. (CST)
Starting salary: $67,752.37
- At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age as of application deadline, unless exempt by state statute
- No Felony or Disqualifying Misdemeanor Convictions
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Illinois or National Registry EMT-P (Paramedic) Certification at time of conditional offer. Applicants not currently in possession of an EMT-P license shall be allowed to complete the testing process by submitting proof of current enrollment in a paramedic program. Applicants must provide proof of enrollment in the program by submitting a letter of good standing from the organization sponsoring their enrollment or by the course administrator, on their letterhead.
- Illinois State Fire Marshal Certified Basic Firefighter or Firefighter II due at time of conditional offer
- Successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test with Ladder Climb Certification conducted by a licensed agency due at application deadline (valid if dated 06/07/2022 – 06/07/2023). Must also be valid at time of conditional offer.
- Must be of sound mental and physical health and meet all established standards
- Must be able to pass written test, medical examination and drug testing, and extensive background investigation.
Required documentation due Wednesday, June 7th at 4:00 p.m.:
- Confirmed online application – available after download
- Consent and release agreement (2 pages) – available after download
- Copy of high school diploma
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship or proof of meeting citizenship requirements: can include: county/state-issued birth certificate, U.S. passport, or naturalization papers
- Copy of valid IDPH EMT-Paramedic/National Paramedic License OR current letter of good standing from organization sponsoring their current EMT-P enrollment – Letters must state the applicants full name, be dated, state they are in good standing, and list the applicants expected graduation dates. Tuition invoices will not be accepted as proof of enrollment.
- Copy of valid CPAT and ladder climb. Must be dated 06/07/2022 – 06/07/2023
- Optional copy of Basic Operations/Firefighter II Certification issued by OSFM – due at time of conditional offer
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather required documents listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. (CST) on 06/07/2023. Failure to complete any portion of the application process will eliminate you for further consideration. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.
All communications will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.
There are no reviews yet.