Norwood Park Fire Protection District
Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Application Deadline EXTENDED: Friday, April 3, 2020 at 2:00 PM
Starting Salary: $66,489.72 with an additional $2,000 per year stipend once certified to work as a paramedic in the Advocate Lutheran General Medical System.
Top salary range for firefighter/paramedic after four years of experience is $98,144.89.
- $35.00 non-refundable application processing fee
- At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age as of Friday, April 3, 2020 (application deadline) unless the individual falls under one of the exceptions to the statutory maximum hiring age detailed in 70 ILCS 705/16.06
- No felony or disqualifying misdemeanor convictions
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- U.S. Citizen at time of filing formal application (candidates born outside of the U.S. must additionally provide proof of citizenship)
- Valid driver’s license
- Successful completion of the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Ladder Climb conducted by a licensed agency within one year prior to the date of the written exam (CPAT card and Ladder Climb certificate must be issued between 4/18/2019- 4/18/2020 to be considered valid)
- Current IDPH/National Registry EMT license required by date of hire
- Must be of sound mental and physical health and meet all established standards
- Must be able to pass a written test, medical examination and drug testing, polygraph examination, background investigation, psychological examination, and oral interviews.
Required Documentation due Friday, April 3, 2020 at 2:00 PM (documentation must be mailed or hand delivered):
- Completed/confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Copy of valid CPAT and Ladder Climb certification (due by written examination)
- Copy of valid IDPH or National Registry EMT license (due by date of hire)
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, April 18, 2020. Doors will open for sign-in begins at 8:30 AM, please arrive no later than 9:00 AM with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in. The exact testing location will be provided to eligible candidates prior to the exam date.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by Friday, April 3, 2020 at 2:00 PM.
Contact IOS Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Application fees are non-refundable!