Naperville Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: January 5, 2024 at 2:00 p.m.
The police department expects to hire approximately 20-25 police officers in the next two years.
The starting annual salary is $78,716.35 (as of 1/1/2024)
Minimum Requirements For Hire:
- United States Citizen
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must have completed at least sixty (60) credit hours at an accredited college or university at time of application
- Possess a valid driver’s license, which will be used for identification at all phases of testing
- Be 21 years of age, but not older than 35 years of age by the date of testing, unless applicant falls under one of the exemptions to the maximum hiring age
- Must provide a valid POWER test card dated within six months of hire
- Attend all phases of testing
- Possess good moral character suitable to the role of a law enforcement officer
- Pass a thorough character and background investigation, which shall include a polygraph test
- Pass a medical examination and psychological assessment
- Meet the vision requirement of uncorrected 20/100 correctable to 20/20 and not be color blind
- Meet all requirements of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Rules, City of Naperville Municipal Code, and laws of the State of Illinois
Required Documentation due 1/5/2024 at 2:00 p.m.:
- Confirmed online application
- Consent and release agreement
- Acknowledgement of Requirements and Exam Selection Form
You will have the option to take the exam in-person or in a virtual setting. You must select which method you would like to take the exam at time of application. The virtual exam will be scheduled during business hours the week of February 5th 2024. The in-person exam is scheduled for Saturday, February 10th 2024.
Application Process Information:
When you complete your online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print the required forms for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. on 1/5/2024.
Be sure to add re*********@io*********.com to your address book and check your inbox often (including spam folder) for time sensitive notices.