Naperville Fire Department
Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Application Deadline: December 29, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
The fire department expects to hire approximately 15-20 firefighter/paramedics in the next two years.
The starting annual salary is $74,467.39 (as of 1/1/2024)
Minimum Requirements For Hire:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s license, which will be used for identification at all phases of testing
- Be at least nineteen (19) years of age, but not older than thirty-five (35) years of age by the date of testing except as otherwise provided by statute. Note that the minimum age for appointment to the position of firefighter/paramedic is twenty-one (21)
- Attend all phases of testing
- Pass a polygraph test, a through background investigation, a medical examination and a psychological assessment
- Be licensed as an Illinois EMT/Paramedic OR have passed the National Certified Paramedic Exam at the time of the background screening; OR be a current licensed RN able to go through the Paramedic Bridge Program though Edward Hospital after hire
- Must have successfully completed the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Ladder Climb Exercise
- Must meet all requirements of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Rules, City of Naperville Municipal Code, and laws of the State of Illinois
Required Documentation due 12/29/2023 at 2:00 p.m.:
- Confirmed online application
- Consent and release agreement
- Certification and License Form
- Acknowledgement of Requirements and Exam Selection Form
You will have the option to take the exam in-person or in a virtual setting. You must select which method you would like to take the exam at time of application. The virtual exam will be scheduled during business hours the week of January 29th 2024. The in-person exam is scheduled for Saturday, February 3, 2024.
Application Process Information:
When you complete your online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print the required forms for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. on 12/29/2023.
Be sure to add re*********@io*********.com to your address book and check your inbox often (including spam folder) for time sensitive notices.