Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, September 11, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
- $40 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizenship
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED) at time of application
- Possess a valid driver’s license, which will be used for identification at all phases of testing
- Be at least nineteen (19) years of age, but not older than thirty-five (35) years of age by the date of the scheduled orientation except as otherwise provided by statute. Note that the minimum age for appointment to the position of firefighter/paramedic is twenty-one (21)
- Attend orientation and all phases of testing
- Obtain a passing score on a written test
- Pass a polygraph test
- Pass a thorough background investigation
- Pass a medical examination and a psychological assessment and a functional physical evaluation
- Be licensed as an Illinois EMT-Paramedic at time of hire
- Must have successfully completed the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Ladder Climb Exercise within the one year period prior to the date of the written exam (October 17, 2020). CPATs issued from the National Testing Network will not be accepted.
- Must meet all requirements of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Rules, City of Naperville Municipal Code, and laws of the State of Illinois
Required documentation due by 2:00 p.m. on 9/11/2020:
Documents must be mailed or hand delivered; no emails/faxes accepted.
- Online application – available after purchase
- Consent and Release Agreement (1 page) – available after purchase
- Certifications and Licenses Form (1 page) – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – can include: U.S. County/State birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- Copy of Valid EMT-Paramedic license, if applicable
- Copy of valid CPAT/Ladder Climb Certificate (dated 10/17/2019-10/17/2020)
- Three (3) Reference Letters – must be original document, no photocopies/faxes accepted
- Completed EEO form (optional) – available after purchase
Orientation and Testing Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, October 17, 2020. Please arrive no later than 8:00 a.m. with photo ID to sign-in. Testing will be held in Naperville, IL. Exact location will be release to eligible candidates.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. on 9/11/2020.