Application Deadline: Friday, September 2, 2022, at 2:00 p.m.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED) at time of application
- Possess a valid driver’s license, which will be used for identification at all phases of testing
- Be at least nineteen (19) years of age, but not older than thirty-five (35) years of age by the date of the scheduled orientation except as otherwise provided by statute. Note that the minimum age for appointment to the position of firefighter/paramedic is twenty-one (21)
- Attend all phases of testing
- Obtain a passing score on a written test
- Pass a polygraph test
- Pass a thorough background investigation
- Pass a medical examination and a psychological assessment
- Be licensed as an Illinois EMT/Paramedic at time of hire
- Must have successfully completed the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Ladder Climb Exercise within the one year period prior to the application deadline (September 2, 2022)
- Must meet all requirements of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Rules, City of Naperville Municipal Code, and laws of the State of Illinois
Required documentation due by 2:00 p.m. on 9/2/2022:
Documents must be mailed or hand delivered; no emails/faxes accepted.
- Online application – available after purchase
- Consent and Release Agreement (1 page) – available after purchase
- Certifications and Licenses Form (1 page) – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma or GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – can include: U.S. County/State birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- Copy of valid CPAT/Ladder Climb Certificate (dated 9/2/2021-9/2/2022)
- Three (3) Reference Letters – must be original document, no photocopies/faxes accepted
- Copy of Valid EMT-Paramedic license (if obtained)
- Completed EEO form (optional) – available after purchase
Orientation and Testing Information:
Your exam will be offered electronically, and you will take the exam in your own home. There will be multiple sessions offered and each will be proctored virtually. All sessions will be offered during business hours from October 5th – October 12th – it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test during these times.
In late September you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule and prepare for the exam. Please read through the instructions carefully before your exam date. Failure to follow the steps outlined may cause the electronic exam to not work properly, potentially resulting in your removal from the testing session.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. on 9/2/2022.