Mundelein Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: June 25, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Starting Salary: $72,047.00
- Age – at the time of application deadline, all applicants for police officer positions in the Police Department must be between 21 and 34 years of age (not yet reached their 35th birthday unless currently a police officer in the State of Illinois)
- Driver’s License – at the time of employment, the applicant must be legally eligible to operate a motor vehicle in the state of Illinois
- Physical/Health – all applicants who are given conditional offers of employment must under go physical and psychological examinations by Doctors selected by the Mundelein Fire and Police Commission
- Character – each candidate must be of good character, must not have been convicted of any crimes or guilty of infamous or notoriously disgraceful conduct as described in the Illinois Compiled Statutes 65ILCS5/10-2/1-6 or any domestic violence related arrest
- Education – each applicant must possess a high school diploma, GED, or high school proficiency exam certificate
- Fitness – each applicant must possess a valid Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) test card demonstrating the applicant has completed the Illinois POWER test no more than one year prior to the date of the written examination. Cards accepted from all licensed agencies
Required Documentation due 6/25/2021 at 2:00 p.m.:
- Confirmed online application – available after purchase
- Consent and release agreement – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship
- Copy of valid POWER test card – must be dated 7/24/2020 – 7/24/2021
Orientation and Testing:
Saturday, July 24, 2021 – arrive no later than 9:00 AM with photo-identification to sign-in. Testing will be held in Mundelein, IL. Additional testing details will be released to eligible candidates approximately one week before the exam.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 PM on 6/25/2021.