Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Tuesday, June 27, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. (CST)
Starting Salary Range Effective 1/1/2022: $69,667 – $105,925. 2023-2025 contract currently under negotiations
- Must be citizen of the United States at time of application.
- Must be 21 to under 35 years of age at time of application, unless otherwise exempt.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Valid driver’s license. Must secure a valid Illinois driver’s license within the first 6 months of employment.
- POWER test card dated 6/27/2022 – 6/27/2023.
- Vision corrected to 20/40 in the poorer eye and 20/25 in the better eye. Proper color, peripheral vision. Uncorrected vision worse than 20/200 requires an ophthalmologist report, prior to hire, to certify the condition of the retina, the applicant’s ability to function as a police officer, and the applicant understands the potential harm from the rigors of police work.
- At least 60 college semester hours completed. Or qualify for one of the following:
- Thirty (30) college equivalency semester hours for each full twelve (12) months of non-disability service as a police officer with another full time, officially constituted and sanctioned police department in the United States. *(A full twenty-four (24) months of such service shall equate to sixty (60) college semester hours.)
- Thirty (30) college equivalency semester hours for each full twelve (12) consecutive months of active military duty for the United States. This shall not apply to persons who were not honorably discharged or who were convicted by court martial or other legal process for disobedience of orders or crimes in the military, which are the substantive equivalent of the crimes set forth under Chapter 2, Section 1(d) of these rules and regulations. *(A full 24 months of such service shall equate to sixty (60) college semester hours.)
- Ten (10) hours of college equivalency credits for each full twelve (12) months of employment by the Village of Mount Prospect Police Department as a community service officer up to a maximum of twenty (20) hours.
- Maximum Thirty (30) college equivalency semester hours for demonstrating fluency in any language prevalent in the Mount Prospect Police Service Area, other than English, as determined by the most recent U.S. Census Bureau statistics. Fluency shall mean a clearly demonstrated ability to read, speak, and understand the language. The Board shall be the sole judge of whether a language is prevalent in the Mount Prospect Service Area and whether fluency has been clearly demonstrated. The Board may retain a testing agency to advise as to specific language prevalence and for standards and evaluation of fluency.
Required Documentation due 6/27/2023 at 4:00 p.m.:
- Completed Mount Prospect Police Officer Application
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship. May include: state/county issued birth certificate, passport, or naturalization papers
- Copy of social security card
- Copy of official college transcripts or proof of meeting one of the exemptions.
- Optional: Copy of DD-214 long form
Written Exam Information:
Virtual testing week of July 24th, 2023. Testing will take during business hours. Exact date and time of virtual sessions will be determined at a later time.
Application Process Information:
You are required to download the PDF application and complete this for submission. You will also need to print and sign any required form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. (CST) on June 27, 2023. No late submissions will be accepted.
Be sure to add email@example.com to your address book. All communications will come via email. Check your inbox (including spam) frequently for time sensitive information.
There are no reviews yet.