Mokena Fire Protection District-
Firefighter Job Application
Application Deadline Extended!:
Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 4:00 PM CST
- $35 non- refundable application fee
- US Citizenship
- No Felony convictions
- 21 to 35 years of age by application deadline unless otherwise exempt by state statute
- Illinois Basic Operations Firefighter Certification issued from the Illinois OSFM; no other IL OSFM certifications will be accepted
- Valid and current IDPH licensed EMT- B at time of application
- Valid and current IDPH licensed Paramedic at time of conditional offer of employment
- Valid CPAT certification with Ladder Climb at time of application deadline AND at time of conditional offer of employment (CPAT considered valid for 12 months from issue date)
- Residency required within the state of Illinois
Required Documentation due by 4:00 p.m. (CST) on 7/6/2022 (no faxes/emails accepted):
- Online Application – available after purchase
- Consent and release Agreement- available after purchase
COPY of high school diploma or GED
COPY of Valid Illinois Driver’s License
Copy of County or State Birth certificate – *If you were not born in the United States, you must provide a copy of your Certificate ofNaturalization Citizenship or a copy of your VALID U.S. Passport
COPY of Illinois Basic Operations Firefighter Certification issued from the Illinois OSFM; *No other IL OSFM Certification will be accepted
COPY of valid and current IDPH EMT- B License OR COPY of valid and current IDPH Paramedic License. IDPH Paramedic- due at time of conditional offer of employment
COPY of valid CPAT certification with Ladder Climb test issued no more than 12 months prior to application deadline; valid if issued 7/1/2021- 7/6/2022. Must also have a valid CPAT certification with ladder climb at time of conditional offer of employment
If applicable: Copy of DD-214 (long form)
Testing and Orientation Information:
Written Exam: The written examination will be held on Thursday, August 4, 2022 at Pipefitters 597 Training Center, located at 10850 W. 187th Street, Mokena, IL 60448. Doors open at 5:30 PM CST for sign in and you must have a valid driver’s license to sign- in. Testing will begin at 6:00 PM CST and doors will be closed- no one will be admitted after 6:00 PM CST- NO EXCEPTIONS.
Oral Interview: Applicants who successfully pass the written exam will be scheduled for an oral interview with the Fire District’s Fire Commission. Dates and times of interviews will be assigned by the Fire Commission. Failure to attend the assigned oral interview will result in the applicant not completing the testing process.
All phases of testing are mandatory. If you fail to attend or do not successfully complete the application process, written exam, oral interview (scheduled after the exam), or any other portion any of the testing process, you will not be eligible for employment consideration.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form and gather required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. (CST) on 7/6/2022. Failure to complete any portion of the application process will eliminate you for further consideration. No refunds are issued for changed minds, incomplete, or late applications.