Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, July 26, 2019
- $25 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. citizenship
- No felony convictions
- Must posses an Associate’s Degree (in any field) OR have served 24 months active duty in the armed forces
- Valid driver’s license
- 21 to under 35 years of age as of August 17, 2019, unless otherwise exempt
- Residency within 25 miles of City corporate limits, within six (6) months of hire
- A thorough background investigation including a full medical and psychological evaluation will be required prior to hire; complete disclosure and sincerity within your application is necessary. A polygraph may be required.
Required documentation (must be submitted by 2:00 p.m. on 7/26/19):
- Online application – available after purchase
- Consent and Release Agreement (2 pages) – available after purchase
- Appendix A (2 pages)
- Copy of college diploma or official college transcripts (unofficial not accepted)
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – can include: U.S. County/State birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- If applicable, copy of military DD-214 (long form)
Testing and Orientation Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation, written examination and POWER test on Saturday, August 17, 2019. Doors will open at 8:00 a.m. Please arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in. There will be no late admittance. Test will be held at:
Lake Land College
5001 Lakeland Blvd.
Mattoon, IL 61938
Testing is expected to take several hours; bringing a beverage and snack is highly suggested.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. on 7/26/19. Failure to complete any portion of the application process with eliminate you for further consideration. No refunds are issued for incomplete applications.