Mattoon Fire Department
Firefighter Job Application
Application deadline: Friday, March 24, 2023, at 2:00 p.m.
- Year 1 starting salary EMT-Basic: $49,491.40
- Year 2 EMT-Basic: $52,928.40
- Year 1 starting salary EMT-Paramedic: $50,391.40
- Year 2 EMT-Paramedic: $53,828.92
- Valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 21 to under 35 years of age by date of exam, unless otherwise exempt by statute
- U.S. Citizenship
- No felony convictions
- Residency within 20 miles of City of Mattoon corporate limits within eighteen (18) months of hire
- Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb at time of hire – cards considered valid if issued within one year prior to time of hire. Must be issued by a licensed testing agency
- Valid EMT-Basic or EMT-Paramedic certification by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) at time of hire
Required documentation due March 24, 2023 by 2:00 pm:
- Confirmed online application – available after purchase
- Consent and Release Agreement (2 pages) – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship or legal authorization to work in U.S.: can include: county/state-issued birth certificate, U.S. passport, naturalization papers
Mandatory Written Examination:
Candidates must attend one of the following testing sessions:
1) Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. Testing will be held at Mattoon City Hall, 208 N. 19th St, Mattoon, IL 61938
2) Virtual testing session the week of April 24th. An exam will be offered electronically. You will take the exam in your own home and each will be proctored virtually. Exact date and time for the virtual testing session will be determined at a later date.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather required documents listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. (CST) on March 24, 2023. All application fees are non-refundable.
All communications will come from IOS via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) frequently for time sensitive notices.
There are no reviews yet.