Lombard Fire Department
Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Application Deadline: December 8, 2023, at 2:00 p.m.
Starting Salary: $74,081
- $30.00 non-refundable application fee. Fee waivers for financial hardship available upon request. Email re********@io*********.com for details.
- U.S. Citizen.
- At least 21 years of age by application deadline and not older than 35 by time of appointment.
- No felony convictions.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Present a valid CPAT with Ladder Climb – must be dated within 12 months of the application deadline.
- Possess a valid Paramedic License from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) due at time of hire. Candidates may be required to show proof of enrollment in a paramedic program or a letter of status and good standing to the Department at a later date.
Required Documentation due by 2:00 p.m. (CST) on 12/8/2023 (no faxes/emails accepted):
- Online Application – available after purchase
- Consent and Release Form (2 pages) – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma or GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record – can include: U.S. County/State issued birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- Copy of CPAT and Ladder Climb Card(s) dated 12/8/2022 – 12/8/2023
- Optional copy of valid Illinois IDPH EMT-B or EMT-Paramedic License (paramedic due at time of hire)
A mandatory orientation and testing session will be held on Saturday, January 6, 2024, at Glenbard East High School. Additional details will be provided to eligible candidates at a later time.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form and gather required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. (CST) on 12/8/2023. Failure to complete any portion of the application process will eliminate you for further consideration. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.
All communications will come from re*********@io*********.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.