Lisle-Woodridge Fire Protection District
Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
The application deadline is Monday, December 20, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
- $50.00 non refundable application fee
- U.S. citizenship
- No felony convictions
- Valid IL driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 21 to 35 years of age by date of the written examination unless otherwise exempt by statue
- Illinois Department of Health (IDPH) paramedic license due by time of appointment
- CPAT and Ladder Climb certificate(s) dated within one year of the application deadline. Must be dated 12/20/2020 – 12/20/2021. Must also be valid at date of conditional letter of appointment
- If candidate does not have Basic Operations Firefighter (BOF) Certificate at time of hire, the Fire District will facilitate BOF training and certification
Required Documentation due December 20, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. (not accepted via email or fax):
- Online application (available after purchase)
Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
Copy of high school diploma
Copy of valid IL driver’s license
Copy of birth record – may include U.S. County/State issued birth record, U.S. Passport or Naturalization Papers
Copy of CPAT and Ladder Climb certificate(s) dated 12/20/2020 – 12/20/2021
Optional: copy of IDPH EMT-Paramedic license
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation on January 20, 2022. Location and time TBD.
Mandatory Written Examination:
The exam will be held electronically and candidates will complete the exam in their own home. There will be multiple sessions offered and each will be proctored virtually. All sessions will be offered during business hours the week of January 24th – it each candidate’s responsibility to ensure availability to test during this time.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 12/20/21. Application fees are non-refundable.