Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
- $35 non-refundable application fee
- United States citizen
- No felony convictions
- Must be 21 years of age, and under 35 years of age at the time of application, or as otherwise
exempted by statute
- High School Diploma (or its equivalent)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid EMT-Paramedic license. Must have a valid Illinois EMT-Paramedic license at the time of
- Valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) card and approved Ladder Climb Card due at time of
application (issued within one year of application due date, 7/13/21 – 7/13/22) and at time of conditional offer of
Required Documentation due 7/13/2022 at 4:00 p.m. (must be delivered via hand or mail):
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Leyden Authorization and Release Forms (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – count/state issued birth record, passport or naturalization papers accepted
- Copy of Valid IDPH Paramedic License
- Copy of Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb Certification (dated 7/13/21 – 7/13/22)
- Optional copy of Valid Illinois OSFM Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter Certification
- Optional copy of Military DD-214 (if applicable)
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, August 13,
2022. Sign-in will begin at 8:30 a.m. and close at 9:00 a.m. You will be required to bring a #2 pencil
and photo identification (driver’s license, state ID card, passport, military ID) to sign-in. The written
exam will immediately follow orientation.
Leyden Township Community Center
2620 N. Mannheim Rd.
Franklin Park, IL 60131 (next to the fire station).
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any
portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release forms and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 7/13/2022. Application fees are non-refundable!