La Grange Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: October 14, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
Starting Salary: $70,915
The La Grange Police Department is seeking a diverse pool of applicants for the position of Police Officer. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain the best and brightest from all walks of life and backgrounds. We believe every member of our police department must feel respected, be treated fairly and be provided the opportunity to excel.
- $35 non-refundable application fee – fee waivers available upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- U.S. citizenship
- No felony convictions
- 21 and under 35 years of age by time of application, unless exempt by state statute
- Valid IL driver’s license, or ability to obtain such license
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 60 semester hours from an accredited college or university by time of appointment.
- This requirement shall be waived if one or more of the following applies: the applicant has served for 24 months of honorable active duty in the United States Armed Forces and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances other than honorable; or the applicant has served for 180 days of active duty in the United States Armed Forces in combat duty recognized by the Department of Defense and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances other than honorable.
- Good moral character, of temperate habits, and of sound health
- Physically able to perform the duties of the position of Police Officer
- Must meet the requirements of a background check
- Offer of employment conditional upon successfully completing a physical exam, physiological and polygraph tests, background check and a drug/alcohol screening
- Must hold a valid POWER Card issued within six months prior to written exam. POWER Cards are considered valid if dated May 12, 2022 – November 12, 2022 only.
Required documentation due October 14, 2022 by 2:00 p.m.:
- Confirmed Online Application – available after purchase
- Consent and Release Agreement (2 pages) – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma or GED
- Copy of valid IL driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – can include: U.S. County/State birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- Copy of Valid POWER test card dated 5/12/2022 – 11/12/2022
- If applicable, DD-214 (long form)
- If applicable, copy of official college transcripts
Testing and Orientation Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, November 12, 2022. Please arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in. Test will be held at Lyons Township High School North Campus. Exact details will be released at a later time.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. on 10/14/2022. Failure to complete any portion of the application process with eliminate you for further consideration. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications.
All communications will come from email@example.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.