Jacksonville, IL Fire Department
Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
The application deadline is Friday, October 21, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
Starting Salary: $54,378.87
- At least 21 years of age and have not attained the age of 35 at time of testing, unless exempt by state statute
- U.S. Citizen
- High school diploma/GED
- No felony convictions
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid EMT-B license
- Must submit proof of a valid CPAT and Ladder Climb by the time of oral interviews (12/1/2022)
For a permanent position:
- Complete a one-year probationary period and attain certifications in:
- Basic Operations Firefighter
- Hazmat Operations
- Vehicle Machinery Operations
- Must obtain a valid IDPH Paramedic license within first two years, dependent of time of hire
Required Documentation due October 21, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. (not accepted via email or fax):
- Online application (available after purchase)
Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
Copy of high school diploma
Copy of valid driver’s license
Copy of birth record – may include U.S. County/State issued birth record, U.S. Passport or Naturalization Papers
Copy of valid EMT-Basic license
Your exam will be offered electronically, and you will take the exam in your own home. The session will be offered during business hours within the week of November 14th – it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test this week. Eligible candidates will receive additional details in early November.
Application Process Information:
Once you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. on 10/21/2022.
All communications will come from IOS via email at email@example.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) frequently for time sensitive notices.