Illinois State Police Merit Board
State Trooper Application
- $30.00 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizen Valid Driver’s License
- Twenty-one (21) years of age at time of application
*The Illinois State Police requires mandatory retirement at 60 years of age*
- No Felony Convictions
- Must be willing to accept assignment anywhere in the State of Illinois
Must meet one of the following options:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Associate of Arts or Science Degree, Associates of Applied Science in Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice Degree or Sixty (60) semester hours from a regionally accredited institution PLUS three (3) consecutive years of continuous, full time service as a police officer with the same police agency
- Three (3) consecutive years of active military duty with an honorable discharge
- Any person who has been awarded a Southwest Asia Service Medal, Kosovo Campaign Medal, Korean Defense Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal, or Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Served in a combat mission by proof of hostile fire pay or imminent danger pay with an honorable discharge
NOTE: Sixty (60) semester hours must meet all of the following criteria:
- 9 semester hours in Communications studies
- 9 semester hours in Social Science studies
- 6 semester hours in Natural Science studies
- 3 semester hours in Math studies
- 9 semester hours in Humanities studies
- 24 semester hours in other electives
|* The college or university must be accredited by one of the following associations:|
IOS Recruitment is managing the initial application process on behalf of the ISP Merit Board. Any questions regarding the application should be directed to IOS Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 343-HIRE.
PLEASE BE AWARE: YOU CANNOT EMAIL ANY PORTION OF THE APPLICATION OR DOCUMENTS TO IOS RECRUITMENT. APPLICATIONS MUST BE HAND DELIVERED OR MAILED TO IOS RECRUITMENT.
WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE APPLICATION YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION NUMBER. SAVE THIS NUMBER FOR YOUR RECORDS.
You will be required to print and sign the mandatory release form(s) for submission. Click on Job Applications at the top of the webpage and select Police Job Applications. You will then click the “Buy” icon next to the ISP Trooper, IL Police Officer Job Application. You will then need to enter in your shipping information near the bottom left side of the webpage
(NOTE: the application will NOT be shipped to you) then click the “proceed
to the checkout” icon near the bottom right side of the webpage.
Return original, signed release forms (pages 1-7) and other required documents (see checklist) to:IOS Recruitment Attn.: ISP Trooper 1520 Kensington Road, Suite 110 Oak Brook, IL 60523 *Documents must be received within 30 days of submitting an online application.
Recruitment Examination Process
The Illinois State Police Merit Board will review your application. You must submit all required documents and have successfully submitted your online application in order to be deemed an acceptable applicant. Once you are deemed an acceptable applicant, you will be given instructions (via email) as to the next step in the process. It may take several weeks for the State Police Merit Board to process your application.
Candidates who submit applications lacking proper documentation as indicated on the checklist will be deemed unacceptable. I/O Solutions, d.b.a. IOS Recruitment,
is not responsible for late, misdirected or incomplete application submissions. IOS Recruitment will NOT confirm receipt of documentation; it is highly suggested that required documents are sent via traceable carrier (i.e. UPS, FedEx, etc.).
Applicants will receive notification from the Illinois State Police Merit Board (through a self-identified email address) regarding time and exact location for completing the Recruitment Examination.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from the current application process.