Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: Friday, July 8, 2022, at 2:00 p.m.
Starting Salary: $71,447.96
- $40 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Be a United States citizen
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Possess a High School Diploma (or its equivalent)
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum of 21 years of age on or before July 16, 2022
- All new applicants to the Police Department shall not be 35 years of age or older at time of application deadline.
Required Documentation due 7/8/2022 at 2:00 p.m. – documentation is not accepted via email:
- Hoffman Estates Police Department – Custom Application (15 pages) – available after purchase
- Consent and release agreement (2 pages) – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of official college transcripts or diploma
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of U.S. birth record and/or Proof of Citizenship. May include: county/state issued birth record, passport, naturalization papers, permanent resident card
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, July 30, 2022, at Hoffman Estates High School. Candidate sign-in will begin at 8:30 a.m. Please arrive no later than 9:00 a.m. with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in along with a number 2 pencil. The test will be held at: Hoffman Estates High School, 1100 West Higgins Road. Hoffman Estates 60169.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Application Process Information:
You will need to fill out and print the application, print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, July 8, 2022. All application fees are non-refundable.