Firefighter Job Application
Paramedic Starting Salary: $73,705.52
- $40.00 non-refundable application processing fee. Fee waivers for financial hardship available upon request. Please contact re*********@io*********.com for additional information.
- Be a United States Citizen.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with eligibility to operate a vehicle in Illinois.
- Possess a valid high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Have vision minimum corrected to 20-20 with no color blindness.
- Have minimum, non-corrected hearing ability to perform as a firefighter.
- Have the ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
- Must hold National Registry or IDPH licensure as an EMT by application deadline.
- Submit proof of a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) with approved Ladder Climb (LC) by the application deadline dated no earlier than 1/13/2023. Must also be updated at time of hire.
- Minimum of 20 years of age by date of the written exam. Must be 21 years of age to be appointed.
- All new applicants to the Fire Department shall not be 35 years of age or older on or before July 16, 2022, except for a person who is under age 40 and who turned 35 while serving as a member of the active or reserve components of any of the branches of the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard of any state, whose service was characterized as honorable or under honorable and who is separated from the military.
- All candidates will be required to sign a Candidate Reimbursement Agreement at the time of hire.
Required Documentation due 12/11/2023 at 4:00 p.m. – must be submitted via mail or hand delivery:
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Copy of high school diploma/GED
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of documentation as proof of citizenship – may include state/county issued birth record, US Passport or Naturalization Papers
- Copy of valid CPAT with Ladder Climb dated on or after 1/13/2023
- Copy of valid IDPH or National EMT License
Orientation and Written Exam:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, January 13, 2024. Candidate sign-in will begin at 8 a.m. Please arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in along with a number 2 pencil. The test will be held at: Hoffman Estates High School, 1100 West Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates 60169
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Application Process Information:
Candidates must complete the online application (you will receive a confirmation number), sign the consent and release agreement, and submit all of the required documentation listed above to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 12/11/2023. Application fees are non-refundable.
Be sure to add re*********@io*********.com to your address book and check you inbox (including spam) often for time sensitive updates.