Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: March 21, 2018 at 4:00 PM (CST)
The online application and required documentation must be submitted to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM on 3/21/18
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- United State Citizen or must have applied for and have a current pending application (documentation required)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college by application deadline
- No tattoos that are visible in whole or in any part while wearing any form of the required uniform or apparel
- Valid driver’s license
- Not have been convicted of a felony, a crime of moral turpitude, or any misdemeanor specifically listed in Section 10-2.1-6 of the Act, 65 ILCS 5/10-2.16 as amended
- Not be a habitual user of illegal narcotics or drugs or intoxicating beverages or be an illegal gambler
- Not be physically or mentally unable to perform the duties of the position of police officer
- A candidate must not be found to be lacking in any of the established requirements or special standards specifically established in the Rules and Regulations of the Hinsdale Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
- Must be at least 20 years of age at time of application and less than 35 years of age at time of appointment, unless the candidate qualifies for an exemption as a veteran and/or police officer as provided by state statutes
- Possess proof of passing the IL Training and Standards Board Police Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) test within 12 months prior to the written exam date. POWER certifications will be considered valid if dated 4/21/17-4/21/18. POWER certifications are accepted from all licensed agencies.
Required Documentation due 3/21/18 at 4:00 PM (must be hand delivered or mailed):
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- References form (available after purchase)
- Source Information form (available after purchase)
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record
- Copy of POWER test card
- Original/Official college transcripts showing proof of a Bachelor’s Degree
Orientation and Testing:
Candidates must attend one of the mandatory sessions listed below:
- Thursday, April 19, 2018. Arrive by 5:00 PM with a photo-ID to sign-in. No late admittance.
- Saturday, April 21, 2018. Arrive by 7:30 AM with a photo-ID to sign-in. No late admittance.
Testing will take place in Hinsdale, IL. The exact testing location will be provided to eligible candidates approximately one week prior to the exam.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 PM (CST) on March 21, 2018. Application fees are non-refundable.