Application Deadline: Friday, June 16, 2023, at 2:00 p.m. (CST)
Starting Annual Wage Rate: $75,885.46
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- United State Citizen or must have applied for and have a current pending application (documentation required)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college by the application deadline. Lateral applicants currently serving as a sworn police officer in the State of Illinois OR who have served as a sworn police officer in the State of Illinois within the last 2 years of the application deadline (06/16/2023) may apply if they possess at least 60 credit hours from an accredited university or college.
- No tattoos that are visible in whole or in any part while wearing any form of the required uniform or apparel
- Valid driver’s license
- Not have been convicted of a felony, a crime of moral turpitude, or any misdemeanor specifically listed in Section 10-2.1-6 of the Act, 65 ILCS 5/10-2.16 as amended
- Not be a habitual user of illegal narcotics or drugs or intoxicating beverages or be an illegal gambler
- Not be physically or mentally unable to perform the duties of the position of police officer
- A candidate must not be found to be lacking in any of the established requirements or special standards specifically established in the Rules and Regulations of the Hinsdale Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
- Must be at least 20 years of age at time of application and less than 35 years of age at time of appointment, unless the candidate qualifies for an exemption as a veteran and/or police officer as provided by state statutes
- Possess proof of passing the IL Training and Standards Board Police Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) test within 12 months prior to the application deadline. POWER certifications will be considered valid if dated 06/16/2022 – 06/16/2023.
Required Documentation due 06/16/2023 at 2:00 p.m. (must be hand delivered or mailed. Email submissions are not accepted):
- Confirmed online application (available after purchase)
- Consent and release agreement (available after purchase)
- Police officer position essential functions form (available after purchase)
- Applicant certification form (available after purchase)
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship. May include: state/county issued birth certificate, passport or naturalization papers
- Copy of valid POWER test card dated 06/16/2022 – 06/16/2023
- Copy of official college transcripts (unofficial transcripts not accepted) – Must indicate proof of Bachelor’s Degree for entry-level applicants or proof of 60 credits for lateral applicants
Mandatory Testing Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory written exam on Sunday, July 16, 2023. Doors will open for sign-in at 8:30 a.m., please arrive no later than 9:00 a.m. with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport, or military ID) and #2 pencil to sign-in. There will be no late admittance.
Testing will take place at:
Hinsdale Middle School
100 S. Garfield Street
Hinsdale, IL 60521
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Application Process Information:
When you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 2:00 p.m. (CST) on Friday, June 16, 2023. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications. Please review all of the minimum requirements before purchasing the application to ensure that you meet them.
All communications will come from email@example.com. Be sure to add us to your address book and check your inbox (including spam folder) often for important notifications.
There are no reviews yet.