Hinsdale Fire Department
Firefighter/Paramedic Job Application
Application Deadline: Thursday, July 1, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Starting salary: $69,643
- $30 non-refundable application fee
- Between the ages of 20 and 35 years of age at the time of application deadline unless exempt by statute
- High school diploma or equivalent
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent resident who has applied for citizenship
- Valid driver’s license
- Applicants shall not have any tattoos that would be visible in whole or in part while wearing any uniform or apparel of the department
- Valid CPAT and ladder climb issued within 12 months of the application deadline
- Must have a valid IDPH or National Registry EMT-B license by application deadline. Paramedic license due at time of hire.
Required documentation due by 7/1/2021 at 4:00 p.m.:
- Confirmed online application – available after purchase
- Consent and Release form – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship or legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Copy of CPAT and ladder climb dated 7/1/2020 – 7/1/2021
- Copy of national registry/IDPH EMT-B, EMT-I or EMT-P
Virtual Orientation: Candidates must attend the virtual orientation scheduled for July 22, 2021. Additional details will be provided at a later time.
Written Examination: A mandatory exam will be held on Saturday, July 31, 2021 in the morning. Additional details will be provided at a later time.
Application Process Information: When you have completed the online application, you will receive a confirmation number. you will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation listed above for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 7/1/2021. IOS will not issue refunds for any reason.